Was there an Arab Spring
Tunisia’s protest movement that resulted in the overthrow of Ben Ali inspired others in Arab countries to challenge the ruling regimes, leading some suggest there was an Arab Spring. Events in Syria, Yemen, Egypt, and Libya added a complexity. Everyone is invited to share their insight on this… always, respectfully.
Active 4 months, 4 weeks ago
- Elections in Libya: the difficult way ahead
- Jamal Khashoggi: Casualty of the Trump administration’s disregard for democracy and civil rights in the Middle East?
- Hajj: how globalisation transformed the market for pilgrimage to Mecca
- Jonathan Eig’s hit job on the character and legacy of Muhammad Ali
- Terms of the #IdlibDeal: Copies of the official document released by the governments of Russia and Turkey